The CFTC has been investigating whether high-frequency traders are routinely using so-called “wash trades” — where a trader acts as both buyer and seller in the same transaction — to distort stock and futures markets, according to people familiar with the probes. The Wall Street Journal disclosed the probe in March.
Top High Frequency Trading Conference
- High Frequency Trading: Clear and Present Danger?
- Brokerage offers platform for high frequency traders
- RBC: offers explanation for apparent decline in high-frequency trading
- High-frequency trading activity in Canada appears to have declined: IIROC
- Supercomputers VS High-Frequency Trading: Analysis Leads to New Regulatory Law